Taylor Devices has established a track record of reliability and state-of-the-art performance with the civil engineers worldwide through rigorous research, full scale testing, and published work by organizations such as :
- The Multidisciplinary Center for Earthquake Engineering Research (MCEER) along with SEESL & NEES at the State University of New York at Buffalo
- The Highway Innovative Technology Evaluation Center (HITEC)
- Earthquake Engineering Research Center (EERC) at UC Berkeley
- The National Center for Research of Earthquake Engineering (NCREE) located in Taiwan
- The Caltrans Seismic Response Modification Device (SRMD) test facility at UCSD
- E-Defense test facility located in Japan
Along with Taylor’s notable structural projects world wide, Taylor Devices continues to be a valued supplier to the Aerospace, Navy and Military Industry. Applications for Taylor components and systems include: energy absorption and control, weapons effects isolation, aircraft arrestment, umbilical handling, stores and payload deployment, control damping/delay, and cargo transport/handling.
All Taylor Devices products are made in the US at their location in North Tonawanda, New York. The small Parts division includes a small machine shop and tool room with separate assembly and pre-test room. Assembly of space -qualified products is performed in a controlled atmosphere clean room with a laminar flow assembly bench certified to Class 100 requirements of U.S. Federal Standard 209E. The large parts division consists of a complete machine shop, using predominately custom-built machinery for boring, deep hole drilling, gun drilling and turning of large parts. Taylors testing Facility meets the world’s standards for testing shock absorber and shock isolation systems and includes: various vertical drop rails, hydraulic vibration, high frequency vibration, static, thermal, velocity and data acquisition.
Taylor facilities and business management systems are registered to the following standards
- ISO 9001 – audited and certified by NSF International Strategic Registrations for AS9104:2005
- AS9100 – audited and certified by NSF International Strategic Registrations for AS9104:2005
- ISO 14001 – environmental management standard audited and certified by NSF International Strategic Registrations
- NHB-5300.4 (1C) – NASA quality standard for spacecraft and satellite applications
- EN15129 – European standard for anti-seismic device